The 40 Hours’ Devotion is when people adore the Eucharist exposed in the monstrance for 40 hours. The number of hours associated with this devotion comes from the time Jesus spent in the tomb before His Resurrection.
Our Eucharistic Lord will be exposed for Adoration here at the Shrine in the lower church from Friday, June 9 at 4:30pm to Sunday, June 11 at 2:00pm. The Eucharist will be exposed, and need to be accompanied at all times. We need adorers to commit to at least one hour during the Devotion to stay with the Eucharist. Please use this form to sign up for time with Jesus!
New to Adoration? Learn more about how you can make your time spent with the Lord fruitful with the resources below:
- The Everyday Catholic’s Guide to Eucharistic Adoration from the Letters to Women podcast
- A Beginner’s Guide to Adoration by Caitlin Sica from LifeTeen
- How to Make a Holy Hour by Christina M. Sorrentino from Blessed Is She
- What Do You Do at Adoration? by Elizabeth Scalia from Word on Fire
- “How Does One Make a Holy Hour?”: A Helpful Guide by Fr. Billy Swan from Word on Fire
- Making a Holy Hour? Here Are Some Reading Recommendations for Adoration by Elizabeth Scalia from Word on Fire
- What Really Happens in Eucharistic Adoration with Fr. Mike Schmitz from Ascension Presents
- What Do We Do in Adoration? with Fr. Josh Johnson from Ascension Presents
- 11 Practical Ways to Make a Holy Hour with Fr. Columba Jordan, CFR from Called to More
- How to Pray During Eucharistic Adoration using the “A.C.T.S.” Method! with Sr. Mary Sheila, OP from the Diocese of Arlington
- The Power of the Hour in the Presence of God by Ven. Fulton J. Sheen