On behalf of the Board of Directors, volunteers, and visitors, I’d like to personally welcome you to our beloved St. Anne’s Shrine here in Fall River, MA.
The Preservation Society was formed to reopen, restore, and operate St. Anne’s Shrine as a welcoming place of devotion, faith development, and peace. We cooperate with the local Diocese of Fall River, from whom we lease the property with the intent of returning the building to active participation in the life of the Church.
The lower church, in which the Shrine is located, was consecrated on Christmas Day 1895. This year (2020) then, marks the 125th year of presence in Fall River. While the volunteer members of the Board have worked tirelessly since reopening on July 4, 2019, we know that there is still a long list of tasks waiting for us to accomplish our goal:
- Repairs to the slate roof of the Church to eliminate water leaks
- Repairs to the upper church plaster walls to eliminate further deterioration and reopening to the public
- Maintaining and renewing the Casavant Organ op 2793
- Continuing to maintain and repair the physical plant
- Expanding our liturgies and ministries to the people of Fall River and the region, including making this Shrine a place of pilgrimage and devotion
- Expand our public social media and internet presence
- Operate and expand our Shrine Gift Shop
- and more…
And so, we invite you to visit our Shrine here in Fall River, partake of the peaceful calm of the sacred area, visit with our Lord reserved in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. We will be here when you do, and, in advance, thank you for any assistance you may give.
St. Anne’s Shrine Preservation Society