The St. Anne’s Shrine Preservation Society is pleased to announce that the Shrine is now OPEN for your visit.
While we’ve been closed, it doesn’t mean that the Society has not been working to repair, maintain, and improve the Shrine. Statues have been restored, work has been proceeding to repair and prevent further water damage, statue spot lighting has been improved, and repairs made to the Casavant organ upstairs to stabilize and preserve this magnificent instrument.
Additionally, we are building out the live streaming and production capabilities to ensure that you can participate with us from wherever you are through the production capabilities of St. Anne’s Media.
Plans are proceeding for the Anniversary Mass at 4:00 PM on July 4th and the St. Anne’s Novena starting on July 17th-25th, culminating with the Festival Mass of St. Anne on July 26th at 7:00 PM.
When you come to visit, we do ask you to observe some current common-sense requests in line with our Bishop’s guidelines:
1. Please (unless impeded by medical advice) wear a mask at all times when you are in the Shrine. Notices to remind you have been placed on the side doors and at the office. Practice ‘social distancing’ at all times when possible, too.
2. Please refrain from touching the statues. We know how important it is, but we are trying to keep the statuary and furnishings disinfected; touching objects in the Shrine require us to continually clean and ensure than we make a best effort to provide a healthy space for you to enjoy.
3. We are actively providing candles (an offering of $5.00 for the large, 5-day candle, $1.00 for the small 4-hour candle) at a table outside the door to the Shrine office. Our medals, statues, and rosaries are available for purchase, but at the present time, due to the limited space in the gift shop, we can bring out samples for you to examine, but have to restrict access to the gift shop to volunteers and staff members only.
4. The temporary hours of operation are as follows:
Sunday: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Monday-Saturday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
5. Admittance to the 114th Anniversary Mass for the Dedication of St. Anne’s Church will be by ticket only. The tickets are FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis, and you can request them either by stopping by the Shrine during regular business hours, calling the Shrine office at 508-678-1510, or by emailing the liturgy team at email@example.com.
Good St. Anne and the Blessed Mother welcome you back to our landmark house of prayer, devotion, and faith in this city by the Taunton River. We hope to see you here soon!