Please follow our Facebook page (St. Anne’s Shrine in Fall River) or check back here for notice of when our livestream of the Mass of Dedication goes on the air.
Today is a great day of jubilee celebration at the Shrine.
First, we celebrate the one-year anniversary of St. Anne’s being under the care of the Saint Anne Shrine Preservation Society. One year ago, the doors of this magnificent shrine re-opened and the work began to preserve and maintain this sacred place for generations to come.
Second, on this day in 1906, the great upper church was solemnly dedicated by Msgr. Diomede Falconio, the Apostolic Delegate to the United States. Today, we commemorate the 114th anniversary of that event.
Third, today is the 14th annversary of the death of the Very Reverend Pierre Lachance OP. Father Lachance served for over 60 years at St. Anne’s in various roles. His last was as director and servant of the Shrine. He followed in the footsteps of the great Rev. Vincent Marchildon OP who was the founder and apostle of the Shrine. Today, especially, we keep both men in our prayers.
The Shrine will be open for visiting through the end of the Dedication Mass this afternoon. Admission to the Mass is capacity limited in line with Diocesan regulations; tickets are still available by requesting at the Shrine office in the lower Shrine.
Tickets for the July 4th Anniversary Mass at 4PM are still available in the Shrine Gift Shop.
There is no charge for the ticket(s); we are just doing this to ensure that we adhere to capacity directives from the Diocese and maintain a safe capacity for attendees.
If you want to attend on Saturday, please stop by and pick up your ticket!
The St. Anne’s Shrine Preservation Society is pleased to announce our schedule of events leading up to the 148th annual Feast of St. Anne on Sunday, July 26, 2020. The Society has been working through the challenges of the last few months and is hopeful that the events in this schedule will bring a measure of healing and comfort to the surrounding area. All activities will take place in the Shrine, and we ask that visitors follow the sensible health and safety guidelines in force at the time of the devotions, and follow the requests of the Society to adhere to public space gathering guidelines.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday July 17: Novena to St. Anne at 3:00PM and 6:00PM Saturday July 18: Francophone Society Mass in French at 12PM Novena to St. Anne at 3:00PM followed by Evening Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours. Sunday July 19: Novena to St. Anne at 3:00PM followed by Evening Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours. Monday July 20: Novena to St. Anne at 3:00PM and 6:00PM Tuesday – Thursday July 21, 22, 23: St. Anne Triduum Celebration! Fr. Christopher Peschel Pastor of Our Lady of Grace in Westport Will preach on the Sacraments of Healing at the 6:00PM services The Sacrament of Reconciliation will also be available Friday July 24: Novena to St. Anne at 3:00PM and 6:00PM Saturday July 25: Novena to St Anne at 3:00PM **New This Year** 6:00PM: Solemn Vigil of the Feast of St. Anne, with Evening Prayer, Novena to St. Anne, procession of relics around the Shrine. Sunday July 26: Solemn Feast of Good Saint Anne • Novena to Saint Anne will be offered at: 2PM, 3PM, and 4:00PM • Rosary will be offered at 4:30PM • Evening Prayer will be offered at 5:00PM • The Solemn Mass of the Feast will be celebrated at 6:00PM • After Mass: Procession of relics around the Shrine and Novena to St Anne; the Feast concludes with Exposition and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.
For more information, please contact the liturgy and devotion team of the Shrine at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our website at http://www.st-annes-shrine.org or call 508-678-1510 during regular business hours.
The St. Anne’s Shrine Preservation Society is pleased to announce that the Shrine is now OPEN for your visit.
While we’ve been closed, it doesn’t mean that the Society has not been working to repair, maintain, and improve the Shrine. Statues have been restored, work has been proceeding to repair and prevent further water damage, statue spot lighting has been improved, and repairs made to the Casavant organ upstairs to stabilize and preserve this magnificent instrument.
Additionally, we are building out the live streaming and production capabilities to ensure that you can participate with us from wherever you are through the production capabilities of St. Anne’s Media.
Plans are proceeding for the Anniversary Mass at 4:00 PM on July 4th and the St. Anne’s Novena starting on July 17th-25th, culminating with the Festival Mass of St. Anne on July 26th at 7:00 PM.
When you come to visit, we do ask you to observe some current common-sense requests in line with our Bishop’s guidelines:
1. Please (unless impeded by medical advice) wear a mask at all times when you are in the Shrine. Notices to remind you have been placed on the side doors and at the office. Practice ‘social distancing’ at all times when possible, too.
2. Please refrain from touching the statues. We know how important it is, but we are trying to keep the statuary and furnishings disinfected; touching objects in the Shrine require us to continually clean and ensure than we make a best effort to provide a healthy space for you to enjoy.
3. We are actively providing candles (an offering of $5.00 for the large, 5-day candle, $1.00 for the small 4-hour candle) at a table outside the door to the Shrine office. Our medals, statues, and rosaries are available for purchase, but at the present time, due to the limited space in the gift shop, we can bring out samples for you to examine, but have to restrict access to the gift shop to volunteers and staff members only.
4. The temporary hours of operation are as follows:
Sunday: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Monday-Saturday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
5. Admittance to the 114th Anniversary Mass for the Dedication of St. Anne’s Church will be by ticket only. The tickets are FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis, and you can request them either by stopping by the Shrine during regular business hours, calling the Shrine office at 508-678-1510, or by emailing the liturgy team at email@example.com.
Good St. Anne and the Blessed Mother welcome you back to our landmark house of prayer, devotion, and faith in this city by the Taunton River. We hope to see you here soon!